Were Ed and Lorraine Warren
involved in the Enfield Poltergeist case featured in the upcoming
Conjuring 2 movie? What are the facts? My conversation with
Guy Lyon Playfair, the man responsible for
probably everything you know about the case! You'll also hear about
his current research with twins and telepathy! Visit
for show notes.
Pssst... Want to leave voice
feedback? Use the SpeakPipe Link!
In this episode:
- A recap of the last few episodes
and the Conjuring 2 and Enfield Poltergeist rabbit hole.
- My interview with Guy Lyon
- How and when were Ed and Lorraine
Warren involved in the Enfield Poltergeist case?
- According to Playfair, the Warrens
were only at the Hodgson home once or twice, total.
- More on Gerald Brittle and the
claims of demons in the house.
- Playfair spent the night at the
Hodgson house around 20 times and investigated the case for 14
months total! 13:03
- The story of how Playfair met
Maurice Grosse and how he got involved in the Enfield Poltergeist
- Is 9 pages of Enfield content from
Brittle’s book enough content to produce a movie?
- The timeline of when the Warrens
arrived at Enfield. According to Playfair, the activity was winding
down by that point. 17:04
- Accusations from the Warrens
through Brittle’s book. 19:03
- Guiding actors Matthew MacFadyen
and Timothy Small on how to portray a paranormal researcher.
- Did anything from the BBC mini
series actually happen? 24:42
- The BBC left out all the really
good events that DID happen!
- Skeptics in the US and the UK.
- Remembering Maurice Grosse and
more inaccuracies in the BBC mini series.
- Janet Hodgson did NOT undergo
shock treatment! 37:29
- Playfair on reincarnation and
whether he has received communication from Maurice Grosse since his
death in 2006. 38:21
- Starting out as a journalist
and staying balanced during an investigation.
- The term “paranormal”.
- “I never said it was possible.
I only said it was true.” - Sir William Crookes
- Playfair was never contacted by the
producers of The Conjuring 2.
- Playfair’s most popular book
- More about The Conjuring 2 and
whether Mr. Playfair will see it.
- His current work with twins and
- Guy Lyon Playfair is active and
enjoying life! And is there another book coming?
- More on Guy Lyon Playfair and where
to find information. 1:00:57
- Tell me what you thought about this
interview! I want to hear from you!
For more on Guy Lyon Playfair
"This House is Haunted" on spr.ac.uk, the home of the Society for
More on Guy Lyon Playfair at White Crow Books.
Record your voice feedback directly from your device on
page! Call the show at (775) 583-5563 (or 7755-TELL-ME).
I would love to include your voice feedback in a future show.
Visit BigSéance.com for more
Please help The Big Séance Podcast by
subscribing, rating, and reviewing the show on iTunes, TuneIn Radio, or Stitcher!